Samstag, 16. Februar 2013

Kings Street Wharf on a windy day

On monday, after a lot of texting and facebookmessaging, I finally managed to arrange a final meeting with my dear friend Biddy. We met at such a random place like the King street wharf, it was cloudy and windy and the big duck had gone from Darling Harbour. It somehow felt so strange to meet a lovely person in the middle of a busy wharf, get a coffee have a nice chat and then leave again after an hour or two, and know that you won't get to see her until in two or three years time...It could have been a scene from this Woody Allen movie where all these random people meet and somehow their path of live entertwines in a small window of time, when you are in the same place at the same time..anyway, I hope you get what I wanted to say, I'll stop rambling on now, because our meeting actually was planned, but it had this weird sort of character nevertheless.
She brought her lovely friend L. with her and I must say it was great to meet her !( if you're reading this:D) We both have a little silver ring in our noses, so you're my friend no matter what heheh.
We sat on the wharf and had a coffee of course there is a picture of that as well, it was a flat white, that's why the barista drew a line on the top, the sign for "flat" (that's just what I assume...)
It was weird, because he was talking to us, and asked us what we were up to, and I said I'm flying to China today and L. said she'd just flew in from Cambodia this morning and poor Biddy just said: I'm only going home...that did'nt sound as exciting as flying around half of the world ! But you got to stay in Aus, in your cute little terrace house (I love that!).
While walking across the bridge to say goodbye we made fun of all these japanese tourists posing all along the railing for pictures and I couldn't help it, I just had to run into one of these pictures and make that silly peace sign, which of course they didn't appreciate. We ran away and found it very funny. But the best thing was, at the end of the bridge, we took an exactly the same japanese-style picture of the three of us (except without the peace sign) so we're no better than the japs. anyway, here are the pics!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen