Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013

Macpherson family dinner !






pavlova.
 I came to know a lot of lovely new people and of course, some lovely delicious new food !
first, there was the pavlova, basically made out of eggwhite with whipped cream on top. Then you put on fruit or berries or whatever you like !
Then, there were the Lamingtons. The husband E. of my great aunt, a very funny person :) showed me how to prepare (or preparate) them: you cut out a small square bit out of the upper middle of the Lamington, take it out and put some whipped cream in it, then put the cut out part back.
Then, after some hesitation from my part and some encouragement from E.'s part ( he used to be a basketball trainer so he knew how to get me to do it) I ate the whole thing in one go !
There was cream all around my face after that, but I am not going to show you pictures of that, of course. ^^

this cutie left me the last bit of Lamington ! How nice of her.

Then there were the TimTams:
But, you'll need a coffee to do what I did:

First, you bite off one end of the biccie, then you turn it around and bite off the corner of the other end.
Next, you dunk it into your coffee and suck on the bit off corner. The coffee flows through the middle of the TimTam which is only a filling, and the moment the coffee touchers your lips you know the biscuit has been soaked in coffee and is about to melt, you stick the whole thing in your mouth. and eat it.
As the coffee is very hot, the chocolate melts away aswell and it can end in quite a mess. Anyway, its worth it, what a delicious meal ! (I ate too much of course... ): )

What an exciting day, very interesting, but also quite intense, as I still had quite a hangover from Australia Day...
(even though I never really get hangovers, this time I did.)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen